Imaging System Loggers
The loggers of our ISIIS Plankton imagers use Raspberry Pi or Jetson Nano board computers. We develop these interfaces using Python code. They usually support the following functionalities:
- Setting camera parameters such as image width and height, exposure time, and gain
- Scheduling recording sessions
- Viewing previously recorded images
- Live streaming of the current camera view
- Synchronizing the recorder clock with the computer clock.
Recording sessions can be scheduled as continuous in time (given start and end time of the session and the acquisition frequency), or based on a threshold value from an external sensor such as a pressure sensor.
The user can connect to the device via WiFi or ethernet cable.
The software uses a responsive web layout, so it is accessible on desktop, laptop, and mobile devices alike.